Facility Executive Magazine recently featured an article that listed five ways that commercial window films could improve your facility. We wanted to hist on some of the fine points of that article here as well as give you the link to read it in its entirety if you choose.
Window film as a building retrofit solution can be one of the quickest and simplest energy conservation measures available, as well as the most cost effective.
Here are five reasons facility executives should consider window film when developing or revamping their buildings:
- Energy Conservation: Up to 30% of any building’s cooling and heating load is through windows. Installing window film reduces the stress on a facility’s HVAC system. Many films block up to 80 percent of the sun’s heat, helping to cut cooling costs.
- Safety and Security: Windows and doors are the most vulnerable parts of any building. When professionally installed safety film is added, the glass doesn’t shatter, delaying the intruder’s entrance, and allowing local authorities to get to the scene in a timely matter. It also reduces the impact of a nearby blast or natural disaster, by holding the glass together and preventing dangerous shards of glass from flying about.
- Health and Comfort: The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends solar control window film to protect healthy skin and prevent premature aging.
- Green Benefits: Nearly 75% of windows are not energy efficient, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Window film installation costs a fraction of new window replacement, and accomplishes many of the same goals, as well as going a long way in reducing a building’s carbon footprint.
- Aesthetics: Window film can improve the aesthetics of any commercial building. By improving the look of dated windows with film, the whole building will appear as though it had a modern facelift.
To read this article in Facility Executive in its entirety, click HERE
If you would like to get more information about using commercial window films to improve your facility, contact the team at California Tint Crew at (714) 947-4427 or by filling out a contact form HERE. We would be happy to schedule a completely free, no obligation consultation with you about integrating any of these products into your Orange County California area home.